Friday, December 14, 2012

Pencils and Prints

I met an artist who had enhanced his giclee art prints with colored pencils.  It is a technique that never occurred to me and I was amazed at how he was able to transform his images.  What were once flat, dull colors were now rich and vibrant.  I decided that I would try the same thing with my own work.  I had created a number of giclee prints a few years ago that dreadfully disappointed in terms of their quality.  The colors were and dull the image sharpness was lacking.  They were virtually useless to as pieces that I could sell so I had discarded them.   After ignoring them for a couple years I had an inspiration and reinvented the  prints as Woven Prints that you can now visit on my flickr site at   http://www.flickr.com/photos/35255559@N05/sets/72157622189600134/
Here are a few samples of my colored pencil giclees













No comments:

Post a Comment