Monday, November 7, 2011







These began with an old water color pad that I found in the 1980’s. I like to stay busy and productive while I am watching TV and frequently find my self doing some art .

The portrait is so revealing and nuanced that I frequently refer to it when I am in the mood to experiment.

I folded two pieces of paper in half and painted four similar portraits with acrylic paint and then added pen and ink for definition. I then cut the portraits into 8 squares and b ‘mixed and matched’ them back together.

The second series is a revisit of some of the first Four Squares that I made in September. I need to add more edge and contrast so I collaged new features and gave them new identities.

The results are always surprising and mesmerizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment