Monday, August 5, 2013

'Bliss' Mini-Mural Project June, 2013

    The call went out to submit ideas for the next round of Mini-Murals on the train viaduct here in Oak Park, IL.  Never to miss an opportunity I submitted an image that once again emphasized my interest in the arts.  I chose to base my piece on a painting I had made a few years back that featured a leaping dancer hovering in the midst of celebratory figures playing music on a variety of instruments.  Stylistically I tipped my hand heavily toward some of the traditional modernist:  Picasso, Matisse, and Chagall.  
  The process is fairly straight forward.   I sketch a quick grid onto the wall to transfer the image and over the course of about 12-15 hours the work evolves, pretty close to what I anticipated.  In the end it's fun to compare the finished product with the original sketch held,   The question is which one is which?











 

No comments:

Post a Comment