Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Make Art, Not Vegetables!

Although I don’t’ believe I am, there are those who think I am…. a hoader. Yes, OK. I admit it. I collect lots of weird stuff. Why? Because you never know when it might come in handy. Recently in honor of Earth Day there was a call from the local library to collect plastics caps and lids, not to throw them into a recycling bin, but to make art. Well, over years of teaching and painting and never being able to let anything go, I accumulated bins and bags of plastic lids, cups, tops and marker caps, scraps of wood and who knows what else. Well, it finally occurred to me that after of years of trying to coax my scraggly tomato plants into baring even just a handful of fruit, it was time to try something entirely new. I decided that this season there would be no more weeds and vegetables growing in my garden. This year it’s time to go back not to nature but to my bins and bags. It’s plastic and wood scraps all the way baby.









No comments:

Post a Comment